LABDA-UC3M has a vacancy for a senior research fellow position. Candidates should have interest or previous experience with research in Natural Language Processing or Text Mining.
The successful candidate will participate in the European Project TrendMiner_Enlarged (EU FP7-ICT 612336), where one of its goals is to apply information extraction techniques (detection of named entities and semantic relations) to obtain adverse drug effects from social media streams as well as information about health policies in Spanish language. She/He will work in the LABDA group, led by Dr. Paloma Martínez.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master degree in computer science or related field with a background in NLP or Text Mining, with at least 3 years of experience.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Biomedical Informatics is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of statistical NLP, machine learning and text mining techniques.
- Experience in text mining applied to social medial is a plus.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written).
- Solid programming skills in Java.
- Creating and maintaining user and developer documentation;
- Unit testing of code to deliver projects of robust quality;
- Problem solving skills and ability to think laterally;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in research project management is a plus.
- Publications in Computational Linguistics are a plus.
This position is for one year (starting at January 15, 2014) and is renewable one year more based on performance and availability of funding. Salary will be fixed according to qualification and experience of the candidate.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the job offer at Madrimasd or send an expression of interest to
attaching a CV.