WePS-3 will be a competitive evaluation campaign including two tasks concerning the Web entity search problem:
- Task 1 is related to Web People Search and focuses on person name ambiguity and person attribute extraction on Web pages
- Task 2 is related to Online Reputation Management (ORM) for organizations and focuses on the problem of ambiguity for organization names and the relevance of Web data for reputation management purposes.
The results of the evaluation campaign will be discussed in a one day workshop as a CLEF 2010 Lab in Padua (Italy), 22 or 23 September 2010.
See the WePS-3 Call for Participation.
- Release of trial data: 15 February 2010
- Release of test data: 1 June 2010
- Submissions due: 15 June 2010
- Release of official results:15 July 2010
- Papers due: 15 August, 2010
- Workshop: 20, 21 or 22 September (CLEF 2010, Padua, Italy)
The general lab coordinators are:
- Julio Gonzalo
- Satoshi Sekine
The coordinators for Task 1 (people search) are:
- Javier Arties (NLP&IR-UNED)
- Andrew Borthwick (Intelius, Inc.)
The coordinators for Task 2 (organizations search) are:
- Bing Liu (UIC)
- Enrique Amigó (NLP&IR-UNED)
- Adolfo Corujo (Llorente & Cuenca)